Terms of Service
These are the terms and conditions by which
we supply products and services to you.
Terms of Sale
- What these terms are. These are the terms and conditions by which we supply products and services to you.
- How you agree to these terms. By placing an order with us, you promise us that you are at least 18 years old (or at least the age of majority in your location) and are legally allowed to enter into a contract. When we accept your order, you and we agree with these terms.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully. These terms tell you who we are, what you agree to by ordering our products and services, how you and we may change or end that agreement, what to do if there is a problem, and other important information. If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us.
- How these terms can be updated. We may change these terms by posting updates to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. If you continue to use our services, including by accessing our website, after we post the changes, then you are indicating that you accept the updated terms.
Information About Us and How to Contact Us
- Who we are. We are Little Wild Things Farms, a multi-location urban farm in the heart of Washington, D.C. Our address is Little Wild Things Farm 906 Bladensburg Rd., NE Washington, DC 20002.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by calling us at 202-750-0695 or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone if provided, or by writing to you at the e-mail address or postal address you provided to us in your order. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes communication by e-mail.
Our Rights to Make Changes
- When we accept your order. We only agree to your order when we email you to confirm it. We reserve the right to refuse or limit service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Our rights to make changes to your order.
a. Substitution of products. If you have ordered a product that we cannot provide, we may at our sole discretion provide a substitute of that product that we believe to be similar or materially identical to the product you ordered. You will not be charged additional fees for substituted products. Before making a substitution we may attempt to contact you by telephone or email to confirm the substitution with you.
b. Changing or canceling your order. If we determine that providing your order has become infeasible, we reserve the right to change or cancel it. We may determine that continued service is infeasible for any reason, including (but not only) a) disruptions to our supply chain, staffing, or delivery capacity; b) governmental actions, orders or regulations; c) social or political unrest, d) public health crises, or e) severe weather, including drought, f) any other reason, whether like the other reasons on this list or not.
i. Salad Share. Because we invest your payment to grow the harvest, your Salad Share payments are nonrefundable. In the event we determine that it is infeasible to supply your Salad Share, we reserve the right to discontinue your share and allocate your payment towards ensuring the continued operation of Little Wild Things Farm. If you have any questions about this policy, please give us a call at the number above. Thank you for understanding and investing in our Farm!
- Our right to change or discontinue our products and services. We additionally reserve the right to change or discontinue any of the products and services we advertise, or change their prices or our descriptions of them, at any time without prior notice. If there are mistakes made in our prices or the availability or description of our products, we reserve the right to correct those errors at any time (including after you have submitted your order).
- Limits to our liability. We will not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of your order or our products or services.
- Offers void where prohibited. Any offer for any product or service made on our website is void where prohibited. In other words, you can’t buy something from us that is illegal where you are.
Your Rights to Make Changes
- Your rights to make changes to your order. If you wish to make a change to the product or service you have ordered, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible.
- No Returns. Our goods are perishable and therefore we are unable to accept returns.
Additional Rights to End our Agreement
- We may end the agreement if you break it. In addition to our rights to cancel and change our services described above, we may end our agreement with you to provide services and products at any time by writing to you if, in our sole judgment:
a. you do not make any payment to us when it is due;
b. you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, delivery information; or
c. you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the agreement. If we end the agreement in the situations set out in the previous clause we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided (except for Salad Share payments) but we may deduct or charge reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the agreement. You will also still owe us any amounts due up to and include the day we end the agreement.
Providing the Products
- Late Delivery. While we will endeavor to make any deliveries to you during the window of time indicated in your confirmation email, unexpected events may arise and we cannot guarantee that your delivery will arrive in the indicated window.
- When you become responsible for the product. The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
- When you own the goods. Except for the products in the Salad Share, the products which form your order become your goods once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give the required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, delivery instructions. We ask for this information when checking out on our website. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either cancel the order or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result.
Product Depictions on the Website
- Products may vary from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes. Although we have made every effort to display the colors accurately, we cannot guarantee that your device’s display of the colors accurately reflects the color of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Likewise, although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, the sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions, and measurements of your products may vary from those indicated on our website. You will not be charged or refunded for variations in the weight of products.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on images on our website.
- Content. All content on our website is copyrighted by Little Wild Things City Farm and cannot be reproduced without express written consent.
- Prohibited Uses. In addition, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of our website or of any other website or of the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the website or any other website or of the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of our website or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
- Third-party websites.
a. Third-party links on the site may direct you to third party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products or services of third-parties.
b. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content or any other transactions made in a connection with any third-party websites.
If There is a Problem
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can call us at 202-750-0695 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage
- We do not make any promises or assurances about our products or services. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, our products and services are entirely at your own – and not our – risk. Our products and services are delivered to you “as are” and “as available” for your use, without any representation, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either expressly stated or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement. We do not warrant that any errors in our products or services will be corrected.
- Our liability. We, including the people who do work for us and with whom we work, are not liable to you for any injury, loss, claim, or any damages that: (i) result directly from any breach of this agreement (direct), (ii) result indirectly from the breach of the agreement (indirect, special, or consequential), (iii) are incurred through your attempt to avoid losses that would arise from the breach of the agreement (incidental), or (iv) that are intended to punish the breaching party for its improper conduct (punitive).
- Our liability to third parties. If any third party makes a legal claim or demand to us as a result of or arising out of (i) your breach of these terms or other agreement you have with us, (ii) your violation of any law, or (iii) your violation of the rights of a third party, then you agree to compensate us for the costs we pay related to the third party claim or demand, including attorney’s fees (i.e., to indemnify us), and to defend us and hold us harmless from the third party action.
Other Important Terms
- We may transfer this Agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another person or organization.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person or organization if we agree to the transfer in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this agreement. This agreement is between you and us. No other person or organization shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- You may not use our website or services to break the law. You may not use our website or services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, nor may you violate any laws in using our website or services.
- If a court finds part of this agreement illegal, the rest of it will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this agreement, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this agreement, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not seek to recover the payment from you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- The law that applies to this agreement and where legal proceedings can be brought. These terms are governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof, and legal proceedings shall be heard in the District of Columbia or federal courts located in the District of Columbia.
- The headings are only to make this agreement easier to read. The headings used in these terms are included for convenience only and do not limit or otherwise affect the terms.
- Parts of this agreement will stay in effect even after termination. You and we will still be bound by Section 3.4 (limits to our liability) and Section 10 (our responsibility for loss or damage) even after this agreement ends for any reason.