Change up your standard pesto routine with this simple summer galette that takes only a few minutes to assemble. This recipe was inspired by a recipe in the beautiful vegetarian cookbook, The Forest Feast, by Erin Gleeson.
- 1/2 c fresh whole milk ricotta
- 3 Tbsp Little Wild Things micro-arugula & lemon pesto
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough
- 2-3 small summer squash, cut into thin circles
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- olive oil & sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Roll out one sheet of pastry dough on the greased baking sheet, pinch edges up to shape as desired
- Thinly slice summer squash
- Spread ricotta evenly onto dough
- Top ricotta with a thinly spread layer of microgreen pesto
- Arrange squash slices on top of galette, we used an ombre pattern
- Sprinkle pine nuts on top of squash and drizzle galette with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.