We were inspired to make this simple, comforting twist on spaghetti al limone from Smitten Kitchen, using our basil microgreen winter blend. Join our Salad Share today to get in on the microgreen fun this Winter!
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces or 225 grams) dried spaghetti
- 1 lemon
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 grams) parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper + coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- Little Wild Things basil microgreens (one small handful)
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water according to package directions.
- While it boils, finely grate the zest of half your lemon into a large bowl.
- Add the juice of the whole lemon (about 4 tablespoons).
- Use the same grater to grate the parmesan cheese on top of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Add olive oil, about 1/2 teaspoon salt (and more to taste), and several grinds of black pepper and combine them with a whisk until very well mixed and as smooth as possible.
- When the pasta is al dente, scoop out 1/2 cup of cooking water, set it aside, and drain the rest.
- Quickly place hot spaghetti into lemon-parmesan mixture in bowl and use tongs or spoons to toss it until all of the strands are coated. Don’t worry if the mixture seems too thick or sticky, just get the strands as evenly coated as possible.
- Add reserved pasta water, a little (about 1 to 2 tablespoons) at a time, tossing the whole time, only until the spaghetti looks glossy and lightly sauced. You might only need a very small splash to achieve this.
- Add a small handful of basil microgreens and toss to combine, then garnish with more microgreens, a drizzle of extra olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Enjoy!