Serves 2, can easily be doubled.
This recipe can also be made in an instant pot. See directions at end of the recipe.
- Heat a generous splash of oil in a large pot
- Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin & a dime size knob of grated fresh ginger until fragrant
- Add half an onion, chopped, a small potato, chopped, and the stems from a quarter of a bunch of cilantro
- Cook until soft
- Add one-half pound of chopped pea shoots and wilt down
- Add 1.5 cups of chicken or veg stock and simmer for 5-10 mins
- Blend soup, we suggest using a standard blender
- Season with salt, pepper, and the juice of half a lemon
- Garnish with extra pea shoots, micro cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream
- Enjoy! This recipe serves 2 and can easily be doubled
Note this recipe can be made in an Instant pot – simply do steps 1-3 using sautee mode, then add the broth (step 6) and pressure cook for 3 minutes. Release pressure, add pea shoots, and wilt on sautee mode. Turn off the instant pot and continue with the remaining steps.
Recipe adapted from our friends at @microyyc