Sunflower shoots add a nutty flavor to this dish and a pop of color, too!
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles
- 3 Tablespoons oil (we used olive oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sunflower shoots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 limes
- Handful cup cilantro microgreens, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar , or Tamarind Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter (optional)
Cook Noodles: bring 4-5 qts water to a boil. Remove from heat and soak noodles for 8-10min, or until tender. Drain and set aside
Make sauce: combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Set aside.
Stir Fry: heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over med-high heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add tofu and fry until golden brown, then push to the side of the pan. Add peppers and cook until slightly tender (about 1-2 minutes), then push to the side of the pan. Add eggs and scramble, breaking them into small pieces.
Combine: turn heat to low. Add noodles, ¼ cup peanuts, and sauce to pan and toss to combine. Remove from heat and gently fold in sunflower shoots.
Serve: garnish with remaining peanuts, green onions, limes, and micro cilantro. Enjoy!
TIP: try air frying your tofu first for an extra crispy texture.
Tip: if you don’t have fish sauce, an equal amount of soy sauce is a great substitute.