Recipe by Little Wild Things farmer Marissa
Chipotle peppers give this dish a hearty flavor and our Southwest blend adds the perfect, light crunch!
For sweet potato:
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive or canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of salt
- 1 + 1/3 cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Southwest blend microgreens
- shredded Mexican cheese (optional)
For avocado-lime drizzle:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice (approximately one lime)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using a fork, poke holes in sweet potatoes and place sweet potato on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- For filling: In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. While oil is heating, dice 2 chipotle peppers and reserve 4 tbs. adobo sauce. Add chipotle peppers, bell peppers, onions, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and adobo sauce. Stir until adobo sauce is spread evenly over ingredients. Cook until onions are slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add black beans and stir. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- For avocado-lime drizzle: In a medium bowl, mash avocado until it is a smooth, even consistency. Add sour cream and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Serve: Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise. Fill with cooked vegetables and black beans and drizzle avocado-lime mixture. Top with Southwest blend microgreens. Enjoy!