- 1 Banana (sliced, frozen)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pea shoots, chopped (may substitute sunflower shoots)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
- dash cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (or any citrus juice)
- 1/2-3/4 c. water
Optional Toppings (get creative!):
- Shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Amaranth microgreens
- Chia seeds
- Sliced almonds
- Edible viola petals (or any edible flowers – make sure these are organic and untreated)
Note: You can find edible flowers, shoots & microgreens in our ready-to-eat salads online at Washington’s Green Grocer or From the Farmer)
Combine all smoothie ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a bowl and add toppings as desired.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe! For example, try adding 1/2 scoop of your favorite protein powder and increasing the liquid for a higher protein smoothie; use milk or nut milk instead of water for a creamier smoothie; or substitute different types of greens for the spinach and pea shoots.
Total Fat: 6.87g
Total Carbohydrate: 37.4
Modifications for better macros if you’re counting them: Sub 3/4 banana, 30 g avocado, add 1/2 scoop whey protein, remove nuts and coconut toppings (sub a few blueberries &/or more microgreens).
Total Fat: 6.08g
Total Carbohydrates: 31.64g
Total Protein: 21.25g