Beet Patty Ingredients:
3 cups grated raw beetroots (red/golden)
1 cups rolled oats
0.5 cup of (gluten free) bread crumbs
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 (vegan) eggs
Spiced Yogurt Ingredients:
1 tsp plus 2 pinches salt, divided
1 ¼ cup plain greek yogurt (non-dairy works good here too!)
¼ cup minced fresh Parsley (or use micro Parsley from LWT)
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp grated lime zest, plus 2 tbsp of juice, divided, plus extra juice for seasoning (2 limes)
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp pepper
5 oz Salanova, Pea Shoots, Purple Kohlrabi, and Borage blend
¼ cup shelled pistachios, toasted and chopped
1) Place grated beets in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add onion, garlic, olive oil, eggs, rolled oats, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix everything well. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, 3 tbsp parsley, 2 tbsp oil, ginger, lime zest and 1 tbsp juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, pepper, and ½ tsp salt. Slowly stir in up to 3 tbs water until mixture has the consistency of regular yogurt. Season with salt, pepper, and extra lime juice to taste.
4) Shape patties with your hands, squeeze out extra moisture if necessary.
5) Grill the beetroot burgers for a couple of minutes on each side – or fry them in a frying pan.
6) Spread yogurt mixture over serving platter.
7) In a large bowl, combine lettuce blend, 2 tbsp pistachios, 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp lime juice, and pinch salt and toss to coat. Arrange lettuce blend on top of yogurt mixture, leaving 1-inch border of yogurt mixture.
8) Place beet patties on top of lettuce blend. Sprinkle salad with remaining 2 tbsp pistachios and remaining 1 tbsp parsley and serve.